Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

I Am Not Afraid re-do

On Sept. 20, 2001, G. W. bush told us Osama hated our freedom of speech. (The he set up "free speech zones".) Then bush TOLD us OSAMA hated our Freedom to DISAGREE With Each other........... (Then came the outting of Valeri Plame.) Then bush told us Osama HATED our RIGHT to ELECT our LEADERS..........(then came Ohio 2004) And on Sept. 11, 2001, he told us ; "Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America." (Is our Constitution not the 'foundation' of America? Then why do you subvert it? )

I refuse to lay down, scared, frightened, cowering, silent, in the face of terrorism. I will not sit idly by while in the name of the war on terror, G. W. bush tells us that he is above the law.

I will not stay quiet while our Constitution is thought of only as a "piece of 'g**d*** paper" that hinders the war on terror.

I am not afraid of Al- queda or Osama bin Laden... why are you? Why are some you allowing the mere thought of him cause you fear to the point you would give up any of your Constitutional rights for a second? I thought America was suppose to be the "land of the free and home of the brave". Well if you are willing to forego your Fourth Amendment, I suggest you get to re-writing that line of the National Anthem. Maybe you could change it to " a land on it's knees, for it's security I crave".

Osama is your new bogey-man... just the mention of him by G. W., and you allow yourself to be manipulated as you pull the covers up over your head closing your eyes tight. Not me. I'm not even sure he's "real" anymore. I'm not saying we were not attacked in Sept. 2001, I'm only saying there is not a bogey-man in every closet in America as G. W. needs you to believe.

Don't you find it in the least odd, that Osama is still free, yet your Fourth Amendment rights are being "detained", or that your "free speech" is now spoken from behind a fence, or no one ever seems sure just how many votes were cast or counted, or that our Constitution is void of the language G. W. says gives him his authority to spy?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?